You probably want to use a smartphone as you travel in Europe. However, it is mind-numbingly complicated for you to choose a suitable social media app. You are wondering if you should use one with an international roaming plan. Well, according to principal research analysts, you can cause yourself a lot of pain if you make big mistakes while making a choice of a social media app that you can use while traveling in Europe. Fortunately, with some information, you can avoid these mistakes and stay in touch with a lot of ease by using the following 10 essential social media apps.
1. Rick Steve's Europe
When you have this app, you will feel as if your pocket has a miniature travel guru. Available European guides are not only detailed like a tour of the Orsay Museum but they are also broad like Ancient Rome. You should listen to Rick Steve's audio tour, see the cost and hours of sights/restaurants by tapping, or even zoom in on its interactive maps. The best thing about this app is that you do not need your phone's network or Internet connection once you download it and hence, you will not track up high international roaming charges.
2. Lonely Planet Phrasebook
The Lonely Planet Phrasebook will talk for you if you are the kind of person who butchers the phonetic pronunciations in the traditional translation books. All you need to do is to type a phrase and it will translate it and speak it for you.
If you are wondering about the cost of this souvenir in US dollars and about the temperature in Fahrenheit, the currency conversion app and Measures unit will provide you with the answers. You should easily convert various units and world currencies into what you want by using the fun spinning wheel or calculators.
4. Word Lens
If you are wondering if the ambiguous sign means do not enter or fun times ahead, the Word Lens will do the translation for you if you snap a picture of a bill or restaurant menu. However, although you can download the app at no charge, you have to pay in order to download language packs.
5. Visit Europe
The official European travel apps are all in a single place at the National Tourism Organizations in Europe. You should download free apps for Austria, Holland, UK, Hungary, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Slovenia, and Monaco. Each free app is worth a download. However, the app for Austria wins for having the best name. Holland's Layer App, which is an augmented reality app, is also a good choice because it displays information about the things that are around you by using your camera feed.
6. Spotted by Locals
You should download this app if you consider the locals more trustworthy as compared to guidebooks because it features tips from the locals that enable you to get to a restaurant with the residents of the city that you are visiting instead of other backpackers who are clutching the same guidebooks that you have. This app currently has 41 European cities and all the tips and maps are offline as soon as you download.
7. Rail Europe
This app gives back train travel the spontaneity- it allows you to buy tickets (on specific routes), look up the train schedules between most European stations, and choose a seat, all within a few minutes on your phone.
8. Michelin Travel Guide
Michelin travel guides provide you with all the benefits without the need for you to lug around a giant book. The company now has apps for Brittany, London, Chateaux de la Loire, Monaco, the French Riviera, Paris, Spain, Prague, Andalusia, Venice, and Rome. You can also create a personalized travel book.
9. Wi-Fi Finder
Wi-Fi Finder can help you to look for an app for paid or free. Wi-Fi in more than 144 countries across the world regardless of whether you intend to use smug travel shots to update your Facebook, find a good restaurant, or check your e-mail.
You should get subway directions in over 400 cities across the world by downloading this app instead of standing around studying subway maps like a tourist. You do not need a network connection once you download the app. This app is updated weekly and hence, you should refresh it before you leave.
If you are planning to take a trip to Europe, the aforementioned social media apps are your perfect choice because you do not need to apply for esta in order to use them. Hence, you should download them today so that you can have a smooth vacation.
Ruby Andrew’s Author Bio
Ruby Andrew lives in Bristol, UK and is an avid reader and blogger. Since her early years she’s had a passion for writing. Her articles have been published in leading UK newspapers. Her areas of interest are food, reviews (Book/Movie), Travel, Fashion, and Lifestyle. She works as a guest blogger on her chosen areas of interest and currently writes on behalf of apply for esta.
With the onset of summer , a mood for vacation seems to sink in , planning things out for the future might turn out to be of the least of the priorities lately, but initiating into SEO strategies as per the future is concerned, will be a wise decision to make ,for it seems to be the appropriate time for considering about the upcoming strategies and tactics for the coming future and also developing good content management strategies. Let us reconsider the developments in last year and look forward to brighter expectations when it comes to SEO planning and mapping.
Let us concentrate on Quality Content Management and authorship
During the month of April 2014, Google released the update Penguin, which ensured and furthur strengthened the plans for efficient battle against internet spammers ensuring effective and qualitative content assurance .
Also Read: Utilizing Facebook for business
• SEO professionals have initiated with their clients to re-modulate old content and encourage a new begining of creative SEO content thereby generating a natural traffic, grow user strength by boosting interaction and also boosting page rankings online.
• Quality content is very important. Brilliant qualitative substance, posted consistently, which is generally marked and utilizes a regular blend of data, essential words and visual substance will be crucial to get verifying by the bots.
• Standard and quality posts on websites and social networking which empowers association will hold a great deal more influence on Google than flat deal talks stacked with connections. In short, gravely composed articles won't have the impact that they once had!Moreover, it must have been very difficult for you to come accross an article with a decent title to just begin understanding it and understanding it simply deals with data presented haphazardly on support rankings.
• Rather, the organizations winning the positioning race will be the individuals who make and suitably post high esteem content with more knowledgable and expertly sophisticated approach. These articles will be posted for true reasons, such as to impart genuine knowledge and seek genuine reponse from the users and online viewers etc.
• While it might involve more work and effort from the end of being creative, one might need the requirement for a really high quality writer and content creator, hence forth the business will reap the benefits in terms of natural growth in followers and highly attractive content - especially in the eyes of people who appreciate effort and seek a creative crew.
• Its quite clear that a well-made viral video can boost a business. Detailed and well performed interviews, tutorials, and video shoots of blog posts which modulate the ideas, opinions and discussions turn out to be really powerful ways to get readers to navigate through and watch the videos.
• Consider ways of smartly developing and sharing videos which enhance and integrate on to your content, avoiding redundancy of data through a different media.
Also ensure to let the readers know who the author is.
• Google Author rank, is an essential and vital part of making sure the content is noticed and ranked as it should be. So the question that arises is why bother to create great content, linking it to social media and multimedia and then gathering some interest, when Google doesn't get to know who authored the work? Author rank is simply just one of Google's amazing tools which studies, preserves and maintains records about everything you write and post in the internet.
• By incorporating authorship in all the content, including the guest posts as well, one can build up a reputated online portfolio of his/her work which will automatically make the site more desirable in the rankings. Initiate your creative content strategies and plans now. Keep your brand and your business objectives upfront in your mind and possibly where ever suitable, incorporate as many variants in content as possible. Think big , write smart. Be the change.
Further Reading: SEO + Website Perfect Optimization Tricks
About The Author : -
Anna Stewart is a SEO & Web Design Consultant in Las Vegas, NV. She have more then 3 years exprience in Website Design and SEO in Las Vegas. She is also a part time blogger love to writing and sharing the information on the various topics like wordpress, technology, SEO, business, Latest News, Internet Marketing and PPC.
Facebook is growing day by day. But still people don't know how to utilize it correctly instead of just wasting time on it. Here are the few tips I found from one of the Facebook's Campaign .
1. Create a Page.
The very first and must do step. Without a Facebook page you can't represent your business. Your Page is an extension of your business. It’s an easy way to share updates and more with the people who matter most. It’s ready to help you engage your customers on desktop and on mobile.
2. Build Audience.
It’s not about the number of likes. It’s more important to genuinely connect with the people you engage with on Facebook. If you do, they’ll help tell your story.
To build your audience, encourage your current customers and supporters to like your Page. They’re the people most likely to see your posts in their News Feed. Also explore the options under the Build Audience button:
- Invite your friends: Let the people in your life know about your Page so they can support you by liking it. This initial audience helps you establish credibility and spread the word right away.
- Share your Page—and be sure to like it yourself. Be a spokesperson for your business.
- Invite your businesses contacts: Upload a list to send people an email so they know about your new Page.
3. Keep it active
Experiment with different kinds of posts. Here are the few things that you should keep in mind while adding content to page.
- Be authentic: Share what you're genuinely excited about and your customers will be excited too.
- Be responsive: When people comment on your posts, show that your business is listening and that you care. If you need more time to answer a question, let them know you’re looking into it.
- Be consistent: The more regularly you post, the more opportunity you have for connecting with people and building trust. Setting a schedule for your posts can also help maximize your team’s time.
- Do what works: Replicate your success on posts that get more engagement.
- Make successful posts into successful promotions: When you notice that a post is getting a lot of engagement, promote it to reach even more people. When people like, comment on or share your posts, their friends are also eligible to see those posts in News Feed.
4. Have an eye on the Insights.
You must be knowing how your content is spreading. If something goes viral then keep the same thing is mind while adding the next content. If you are interested to spend money on Facebook then you can engage your page with Adverts which is an effective way of marketing.
1. Just Showcasing Your Business. If you just want to have your online presence and to share your company information in web then you can just go with simple HTML/CSS website.
2. Branding. If you have a product that should be showcased around the globe then also a simple website with some good SEO helps. All you need with it is Social Media Marketing. You can use Facebook freely to brand your products.
3. Personal Blogs? If you are thinking to publish your articles through the internet then a Blog is perfect solution. Depending on your investment you can make you can choose many platforms you want. I'll be covering the detailed information about choosing the right blogging platform in my future post.
4. Interactive Websites with E commerce. If your company is about sales and purchases then you can manage your sales online that enhances your sales over the globe. There are Content Management System Softwares available that makes you easy to manage the site.
Using the CMS in you website also helps to improve SEO and SMO.
I have simplified it to make you understand easily. If you think I missed something important then do mention in comments.
Logo Courtesy: COC Website
It is basically a Online Multiplayer game that connects many smartphones running the game. Player can earn Gold and Elixir by attacking other players. Earnings can be used to build their own base, improve defense and build your army.
When you first start on Clash of Clans, you are given a tutorial.
You will have a three day shield which prevents other players from invading your base. This is essential for getting your defenses and resource buildings to a safe level before you can be attacked.
The first thing you need to do is upgrade your Elixir Collectors and Gold Mines to a sensibly high level. I recommend at least level 3 or 4 at first. This will give you enough of a resource base to keep you going for a while.
Once you have completed this, you need to see to your storages. You have a maximum of two storages of each, elixir and gold, and it is probably best to get both to maximize your resource amounts.
Don't worry too much about Barracks and Army Camp upgrades at this early stage as they won't protect you from invasion and will only help when you are on the offensive, but do try and get your Town Hall to level three.As soon as you have completed these tasks you must turn to your defensive buildings.
Joining Clan : Here comes the real multiplayer fun, Clans are groups of players that pool their trophies in order to compete with other clans in a battle to collect the most trophies and to win a Clan War in order to gain the most loot. To be a member of a clan you must first repair your Clan Castle. To do this will cost you 40,000 gold. Once your Clan Castle has been repaired you have the option of joining a clan.
Its so famous that people are making money in the name of Game Hacks. But literally none of the methods like using a Computer Software, Putting your username in a website and completing a offer works. In other words, those softwares are just Trojan Viruses to hack your PC no the game!! Beware of things like that.
Game is available in Google Play for free. But you may need to pay for some upgrades. Supercell's other games are Hay Day and recently released Boom Beach.
So think its interesting game?? Rush to Google play, download and Start the war!
Source: Clash Of Clan Wiki, Official Website.
In the olden days marketing executives used to manually go from place to place to increase sales and to have a better business. In the modern digital world salespeople have realized the advantages of being able to make a sales presentation with the help of a laptop computer. But laptop computers may also take some time to boot up and to get connected to the external projectors. Therefore, mobile applications are the latest innovations which are designed to let users quickly put up the information they need for a business presentation on their iPad, Android or a BlackBerry Play Book Tablet. Such mobile applications do give sales organizations a mobile sales tool kit with updated videos, brochures, pricing, statistics, technical information, quotes and contracts.
Mobile applications do not fit all products. Instead, they can be customized to meet the specific needs of a sales organization. These applications are visually appealing and it is easy to use them too. Businesses have the provision of adding and revising contents through web-based administrative panel. They will also ensure that the customers have access to the updated information and prices of products. Mobile applications do promote consistency with regard to how a product or service is presented. These applications do not leave such works to individual sales representatives, but distribute information from central servers to all members of a sales force simultaneously using the latest technology. Another benefit of using mobile applications in business is the increased responsiveness to customers. Contact with customers is possible anytime, anywhere. Sales representatives should get information in real time, then they can take action on updated information and give the business a competitive edge in the market. Yet another advantage of using mobile applications for business is improved productivity. Sales representatives spend very less time on administrative tasks, but they get to spend more time with the present and prospective customers. Companies spend less money on printing materials since most of the correspondences between the business owners and customers happen through mails. For all small scale businesses every expense should have a clear, tangible result. Mobile applications directly increase sales in a number of ways.
Let us check the ways by which mobile applications enhance sales and become responsible for greater profits.
1. Mobile orders: This is a direct and easy way of promoting sales. One can browse through various products and services available and place an order for which he or she likes the most. Orders can also be placed through mobile applications. Mobile sales have picked up to a noticeable degree and they account for one fifth of all online sales today. Users are no longer hesitant to place orders through application. Therefore, a mobile application is a natural way for fans to make purchases.
2. Push notifications: Entrepreneurs who want to generate more income can send messages to users through a push notification and increase sales. One can simply promote a product or service, or can tell users about a special discount, offer, or event. A mobile application, thus, adds a new promotional channel to the marketing aspect of a business.
3. Loyalty rewards: Reward is a way to increase sales which stood the test of time. A mobile loyalty program is sufficient to reward frequent shoppers and regular customers. By adopting this method one can save the printing expenses. Mobile devices can do everything without the users spending much time and money.
4. Socialreferrals: Mobile applications may include a simple feature by which users can provide a link to a business in their social media profiles. This helps the business to have new fans and followers since everybody is active in social media networks these days.
5. Mobile reservations: Businesses like restaurant and spa can have mobile reservations which will open the business to new users. Users can open the applications at their convenience and make reservations whenever and wherever they want. This is another smart way of enhancing sales.
6. Newsletter signups: Requesting newsletter signups is another way to generate more revenue. With the applications and internet connectivity users become more integrated with business. They can meet their fellow users whenever and wherever they are with information about the business, products and services and with special offers. This method also helps entrepreneurs to earn extra income.
Joseph Porter is a freelance writer at study essay writing companies and the professionals helps for getting best dissertations for the academic students with over 14 year’s experience. He enjoys writing about current trends and innovations in education, technology and travelling.Website: http://www.essayreviewo.com/
Some days ago I came across a formula called Zeller's Congruence in Wikipedia. It is a formula to calculate Day given the date. I started working on the formula to program a Day-finder. In the beginning i was working in C. I faced many bugs due to some problem with formula. But after reading the implementation method given in its Wiki page, bugs started getting solved.
Here is a Glimpse Of Voice Integrated Day Finder in C
Later i found a way to integrate voice in C program. But still It was missing graphical touch. It was my aim to develop an Android app implementing same principle.
- Returns Day taking the date.
- It can show accurate result even for dates 100 years before or after.
- It has Date Validation ( For people who are crazy enough to try invalid dates)
- Added extra features like definition of Name, Quote of the day.
Scan QR code or Click to Download
Suggested Reading: Android Apps For Business
After I got myself with a Windows Phone, I started to discover stuff related to Windows Phone. Recently Updated to Windows 8.1 Developer Preview and finding it great. Best thing in Windows Phone is its Camera. Unique Low Light Imaging Technology makes Lumia Camera stand out. After a short search I got some camera and photo editing apps that gives you professional photographic experience. Here are some of them.
1. Nokia Camera
As the name says its developed by Nokia Corporation. It has a interactive User Interface. You can play with Brightness, ISO, Custom Focusing, Shutter Speed etc. This is best tool to take Low Light pictures. The auto mode makes it easy for anyone to capture great images with ease, and provides quick access to sport and night controls. There's also smart sequence, which quickly shoots a series of photos that can be combined in different ways. You can emphasize motion, remove moving objects or show action using a strobe effect. You can also change faces in group shots so that everyone has their eyes open.
An amazing app from a Japanese company, having more than 200 million users globally including non windows phones is a Camera app along with Photo editing tools built in. you also can choose the manual focus and the manual exposure to get more professional photos. Then in the powerful editing page, you can endow your photo with plenty of imagination.
3. Fantasia Painter
As per my observation this app will be used by most of the windows users. Its like mini Photoshop in your pocket. Unlike above mentioned apps this can be used only to edit photos, you can't take photos with it. It has many effects and retouch tool. But you may find lack in Frames. Its not a big issue. Unlike other apps Fantasia has 32 unique brushes (e.g. Fur, Rainbow, Makeup) that adapt to your painting style, speed, direction and nearby colors to make even simple strokes look professional.Powerful effects, like Mold and Clone, help you enlarge muscles, swap faces, body shape, and more.All effects can be "painted" to part of image, so you can create works of art that are uniquely your own.
It is a Photography Experience Platform that brings photo editing and sharing together to a new level. It has many other features rather than only editing and capturing. It has Instagram like photo sharing facility. If you have 8.1 OS then you can add live lock screen through Fhotoroom also.
5. Office Lens
A useful app for Scanning documents from Microsoft Corporation. Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and docs readable, and saves them to OneNote. Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Never miss notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
Concluding, I have listed the top 5 what I felt worth having it in my phone. If you find it useful kindly support us by sharing it with your friends.
Guest blogging is a very effective way to increase your online reputation and to drive traffic to your blog. It is difficult to find quality guest blogging opportunities to write for other blogs. It is equally difficult to find good guest bloggers to write guest posts for your blog as well.
There are various sites on the net which link bloggers who want to write guest blog posts with blog owners who want guest bloggers to write for their blogs. Both blog owners and blog writers need to search among the whole lot of clutter on the net if they do not know where exactly to look for. My Blog Guest is such a site which links blog owners and blog writers easily.
Google is another platform to find blogging opportunities. One can conduct a key word search in Google to find guest blogging opportunities or guest bloggers. There are some suggestions in search engines which help to narrow our search results. Guest blogging is the activity where someone posts an article to a blog that is not his own. The basic idea and the incentive behind this are to build quality back links for their own websites. One has to be strategic in order to be successful in guest blogging. A blog post must be carefully written which should also resonate with the target audience and should educate them. Putting a blog post on a blog that goes well with your values and beliefs is extremely important.
Let us take a look at the four steps to find the right guest blog/blogger:
1. Set goals: In order to become successful in guest blogging one has to, at the outset, set realistic goals. A blog owner has to be very clear about what he is trying to achieve from the guest blogs. He also has to be certain about what he is expecting to gain from it. Once a blog owner has clear goals and when he is committed to it, he is sure to go a long way. It is easy for the guest bloggers to find a blog which specifically needs the kind of posts they write. Once the goals are clearly mentioned, guest bloggers approach the blog owners offering to write posts for their blogs. Now things fall in place and the guest blog posts will be uploaded in the related blogs.
2. Define the audience: In the process of finding the right guest blogging opportunities, a blog owner has to clearly define his target audience. Do an extensive research and find out what kind of people you want to attract towards your blog. You need to create an audience profile which is a detailed description of your audience. Details like demographic, psychological information, biographical details like age, gender etc. should also be included in the audience profile.
3. Find authentic blogs: Both blog owners and guest bloggers need to do an extensive search on the net. They need to look for websites of similar interests. To begin with, finding people who work in the area and building a good rapport with them helps immensely. One needs to find blogs of high credibility and then write guest post articles.
4. Reap the benefits: The greatest benefit of guest blogging is the ability to get back links. These links help to increase the ranking of a website or blog in the search engine rankings. Guest blogging also helps to build relationships with other bloggers and such relationships enable future guest blogging opportunities. Guest blogging increases a blogger’s exposure and it helps to popularize different brands further. In other words, guest blogging is the cost-effective method of generating huge traffic to any website.
Author Bio :
Cathy Calhoun is a freelance writer with over 6 years experience. She has written a lot of essays when she worked with good thesis writing services. As well, she has written a lot of articles that were published in some of the most popular web sites.